Monday 27 June 2011

Seil Island Scotland June 11

The rain stopped and Monday brought sunshine...yes!

Liz and me headed off to the Bridge over the Atlantic aka Clachan Bridge to enjoy scenes like this all day...
Some days in my kayak feel unreal..I have to pinch myself to make it feel real as the sea can be so heavenly beautiful. There are days when the sea is a challenge and it puts me right in the moment but when the sea has an ethereal feel it makes me melt away to dreamtime.
map check to find Cuan sound

scontastic-Oyster Bar/Easdale


experimenting with portage technique on slippy seaweeed

another fine mess you've got me into

Easdale pier-world skimming stone championships held here

experimental paddling technique with too much slippy weed and not enough water

leaning and pulling on 2 boats works well if you can stop laughing

view of Kerrara from Oban campsite
We missed trying oysters for lunch as Easdale Oyster Bar as we spent too much time floating about in Cuan sound waiting for it to get lively....(we did go back next day to console ourselves with another downpour day to have oysters and I had a scallop/mussel/fish chowder-yum)
After a day of sun and silly shenanagins we set up camp and our midgenets helped stopped being eaten as we ate.
We did plan to kareer in kayaks round Kerarra next day but did it rain..where and how does all that water come from...................we bailed and drove home!

All photos by Liz Jordan..I'm still saving up for a new camera.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow oh wow! Looks unbelievably perfect. It's far too long since I have been to Scotland!

    ReplyDelete